Message by Brian Cretney (audio here)
- Why is the evidence for Jesus’ resurrection important to you? (HINT: 1 Corinthians 15 might give food for thought!)
- Brian argued that the facts best support the conclusion that Jesus was resurrected from the dead. How would you summarize his talk to someone outside the church?
- Brian gave several “pictures” to explain Biblical concepts. For example:
- Resurrection is the receipt that proves sin is paid.
- Justification means that a debt is paid and we share in an incredibly wealthy joint account with Jesus.
- Sin means to miss a target but by God’s gracious gift we can now bring pleasure to him as we were intended (2 Corinthians 5:15).
- God wants to empower us just like a hand gives power to a lifeless glove (Ephesians 1:18-20).
Which of these might you find useful in communicating with others? Practice it with someone!